Your Child’s Learning Journey Begins Here
Welcome to our First Phase website. This website provides information about our school. I hope you find the information on our website helpful as it gives you a sense of who we are.
First Phase, home of the Lions was founded in 2015. Our teachers, staff, students, parents, and the community work in collaborative relationships with each other, accepting and respecting one another while focusing on the vision and mission of our school.
We are committed as a school and as professionals to provide educational opportunities which will help our students be college, career, and life ready.
Here’s looking forward to a successful school year!
Additional Message from Owner and Principal:
At First Phase, we recognize the importance of these early educational years, when students are mastering essential skills and discovering their place in the larger world. Our goal is to create a school community that is both welcoming and challenging—a place where children come to learn with a playful spirit and find the confidence to experiment and excel as they grow.
We devote our attention to both academic growth and social-emotional development, knowing that both are essential to our students as scholars and as people. Our teachers work closely together to maintain a strong core curriculum that builds on acquired skills as students progress through each grade. At the same time, our teachers are all dedicated experts, working continually to bring new ideas and methods into their individual subject areas.
At First Phase, we view each child’s education as a partnership in which parents, teachers, and child work together to foster intellectual and personal growth. In the same way, we also consider ourselves in partnership with the larger community, instilling in our students a desire to serve others and to become contributing citizens. We strive to cultivate a respect for others and a powerful curiosity that we hope will travel with our students throughout their lives.
I invite you to attend a fall open house to visit our campus and meet some of our faculty. I look forward to welcoming you in person to First Phase Children’s Academy!
First Phase Children’s Academy Director
To positively impact students' lives by truly believing they can succeed so that every student is empowered to thrive and reach their full potential.
First Phase School's Belief Statement
TOGETHER: We - the students, parents, teachers, staff, administrator and community members - believe that the philosophy of First Phase School is to prepare ourselves to successfully function in the rapidly changing world in which we live.
SMARTER: We will provide an environment that allows for the development and use of creative and critical thinking skills. These thinking skills are necessary to survive in our rapidly changing world and essential when there are so many options and choices available.
BETTER: We will nurture the emotional part of our students, enhancing each student's self-esteem and values, as well as bringing forth the feeling of caring for others and for the planet. By doing this, we will encourage better self-understanding and better interaction with others.
HIGHER: We will help our children continually strive for improvement and maintain an attitude of excellence in all we do. We will help each student believe that each can make a difference in this world, and give us the gift of hope and the vision of a world that is TOGETHER...Smarter, Better, Higher.
We will accomplish these goals by perfecting these skills, adopting these attitudes, assessing where we are, and being open to changes that need to be made.
General school Rules:
- Be punctual, report to school and class on time. School begins at 8:00 a.m. If a student arrives in school after 8:00 he/she needs to report to the office to receive an admit/tardy slip. Students are discouraged from coming to school prior to 6:30a.m. because of lack of adult supervision. Students having breakfast are allowed in the cafeteria at 7:15 am.
- Strive to be present every school day. In case of absence, parents should call the school in the morning of the absence and notify the teacher in writing upon the student's return to school.
- Respect each other at all times. Disagreements will be settled by discussing the problem and seeking a solution that is fair to all concerned.
- Buildings and the campus will be kept clean and neat. Do not deface or damage school property. Students who vandalize the school property will make restitution.
- Maintain order when moving to different areas. Do not run; running is a frequent cause of injuries.
- The following are not allowed in school unless prior permission is granted by the school staff:
- radios, cell phones, pagers and other electrical equipment
- yoyos, darts, sling shots, and other potentially dangerous toys
- skateboards, roller skates, rollerblades, razors
- valuables, extra money, computer games, items of sentimental value
- fireworks, matches
- weapons or expensive toys
- Remain within school boundaries at all times. Students leaving the campus must have a Student Pass and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. (Leaving campus without consent is prohibited).
- Avoid using abusive or profane language and gestures. (Disorderly Conduct is an offense and will result in suspension and or expulsion)
- Do not climb trees, gates, railings, fences, and the school buildings.
- Respect the property rights of others.
- Leave the premises immediately after school duties/responsibilities are completed.
- Buying/selling of personal items and trading are not allowed.
Student Code of Conduct:
Students are expected to attend school regularly and to attend all classes.
Students are expected to be on time for school and classes.
Students are expected to be prepared for and to participate in each class to meet performance standards, to have the necessary class materials, to complete classwork and homework accurately and on time, and to prepare for quizzes, tests and examinations.
RESPECT FOR SELF AND OTHERS
Students are expected to be honest, behave with dignity and treat others with respect and courtesy. Behavior of the individual should not interfere with the rights of others. This includes the use of appropriate language, actions and attire. Students are expected not to harass others verbally and physically. Students are expected to come to school free from the influence of tobacco products, alcohol or drugs. Students are expected not to use or possess such substances.
RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY
Students are expected to comply with all school rules and to obey all laws. Students are expected to respond in a respectful manner to all adults while under the jurisdiction of the school and while participating in school-sponsored activities.
RESPECT FOR PROPERTY
Students are expected to treat all property belonging to the school and to others with care.
FREEDOM FROM FEAR
Students are expected to contribute to a safe school environment free from fear. Acts of violence, weapons and contraband are never acceptable.
First Phase is comprised of a variety of personnel that have experience and expertise in areas of education combined we make up about 20-25 years experience working in schools and in the classroom.
All classrooms have one teacher and one classroom assistant. As a team we wear many hats to ensure the safety and enrichment of our students. All staff is CPR/First aid certified, All teachers are degreed with specificities certifications, all school staff is background checked per FDLE AND FDOE screening standards. Support staff although are required to complete several courses of study provided by DCF.
Essentially we want to provide the most quality of educational services available to our students and their families.